Subscribe in a reader

Monday, January 20, 2014

Upcycled Valentine's Day Door Hanger

I never thought I would upcycle an upcycled project, but that is exactly what I did to create an adorable Valentine's day door hanger.

You guys may remember the fun I had with a wire hanger and cut up strips of t-shirts. I made this Halloween wreath this way, and this candy cane door hanger. 

I was packing up my Christmas decorations and when I took down the candy cane hanger, I realized how easily I could turn it into a Valentine's day decoration.

I simply twisted the wreath into a heart shape:

You have a ton of options from here: hang as-is, hot glue valentines day cards or flowers around the heart, hang a monogram in the center, the sky is the limit! I decided to attach a banner in the center. You can achieve this result with a paint pen or fabric marker if you don't embroider.

I cut out a strip of pink felt.

Then, I penciled my word on the strip.

I embroidered it with black floss.

I wanted to be able to turn this back into a candy cane for Christmas, so I attached the banner to the back by pushing pins into the two short ends. Be careful if you do this that you bury the pins in the fabric and don't leave them exposed.

And done!

Here it is on the door, an upcycled upcycle! How cool is that? 

Do you guys do anything crafty for Valentine's day?  I'd love to hear about it!


No comments:

Post a Comment