Subscribe in a reader

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

5 Ways to Upcycle Dole Fruit Cups

I really like the convenience of fruit cups, but I do not like the waste the plastic little bowls make, so I reuse them as much as possible. After you finish them, wash  well in hot, soapy water, of course. Also, I have washed them on the top rack of my dishwasher with no problem!


Here are the fruit cups I'm talking about:

And after the top plastic is removed and they are washed out:

Here are the top 5 ways I upcycle these:

1.) Toddler Snack Bowl

These are the perfect size for little hands. My son is a whirlwind and doesn't care to sit while eating snacks, so it's perfect for grazers. These also make great "training cups".  Fill it with a bit of water and let them practice drinking from a "big kid cup."
Morning popcorn snack, yum!

2.) Holder of All Things Small:

Paper clips, stamps, scrap booking supplies, beads, and in my case, sewing pins, these bowls are the perfect size to store any of your small supplies.

3.) Toys:

These are amazing for kids. We use them for stacking, bath toys, play kitchen tools, play-dough molds, crayon holders, you name it. Kids love these.

4.) Paint Cups

These are perfect for holding paint. Even if you aren't an artist like my husband, these would be good for spot touch-ups for wall or furniture painting.

5.) Jewelry Holder

This kind of goes with #2, but I have begun keeping these by my sinks because I have an annoying habit of taking my rings off any time they get wet. I usually place them nearby, but having these by the sink eliminates the need for me to hunt for them (and that moment of panic if I can't find them right away). I think I will experiment with giving these a spray paint to blend into my decor more, but for now, they'll do.


Can you think of more ways to reuse these? Leave me a comment if so; if love more ideas!

(Also, the Facebook page giveaway is still going on!  I need 21 more "likes"on my page and I will draw a name to giveaway a handmade gift, so please enter if you haven't already!)

No comments:

Post a Comment