Subscribe in a reader

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Last Name Hoop Art

Like my hoop art? Purchase it here.


Well, readers, we were hit by a couple of illnesses in our family, and it's been very exhausting, hence the blog-silence. It's a new year, though, and I'm still crafting along, upcycling what I can!

This hoop art is a fun design that I completed over a week ago, but didn't get a chance to blog about. I upcycled a piece of my husband's old dress shirt for this one. I really like how the lines both allowed me to keep the text and design straight, and lend a whimsical notebook-paper look to the piece.

I like those wooden signs that are everywhere now with a couple's married last name and the date they were married, and thought a piece like that would be fun to experiment with. I satin-stitched our last name and used a simple back-stitch for our year.


I like to incorporate a felt graphic in my pieces, and since my husband and I were lucky enough to be married on a beach in Jamaica, these waves were an appropriate addition. I layered 2 colors together and then used white thread to do a simple running stitch on the tops to simulate whitecaps.


And here is the finished piece:

I hung this one over the coffee-area in our kitchen, but the lighting is so terrible in there that I don't have a good picture.  It looks great though! Thanks for taking a look.  I think this experiment was a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment