Subscribe in a reader

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Name Hoop Art--Madden

Like my hoop art? Purchase it here.


Last week, I completed an embroidery hoop for my daughter. It was stitched on a cream-colored background and was done in purples and grays. I really like the romantic, dreamy feel of it. Eve is a calm, happy baby, and the mellow hoop suits her.


For my youngest son, though, nothing but bold colors would do. He's energetic, demanding, loving and fun, and currently obsessed with all vehicles. I hear "har, huc, boat, and up" (car, truck, boat and plane) a million times a day. It's what inspired the felt graphic I hand-cut and stitched for this piece.

The road was fun to cut out and the car was challenging because it's small, but I like both a great deal. 


I left his name in red with no outline, because I thought the road and initial were bold enough. I used the same yellow I used in the road for his birth date, and kept it chunkier than the delicate stitching I used on Eve's.


And here is the finished hoop:


And next to his sister's hoop:


I have one final hoop to complete—my oldest son's. I already have an idea for his felt graphic. I can't wait to complete it and share the completed series with you guys! 

No comments:

Post a Comment