Subscribe in a reader

Monday, January 27, 2014

Upcycling a Glass Jar for Storage Using Fabric Scraps

If you haven't noticed, I'm really into upcycling my glass jars and cans into storage solutions. I did a simple five-minute up cycle here and even made my own button fabric here to reuse an old can. However, I do still love those pretty, stylish store-bought holders.  The one I really liked at a fabric store in leopard print was $12, and I just couldn't spend that on a jar. With some fleece scraps and a marinara jar, though, I made a storage solution that I like as much as the one I was eyeing at the store.


All you need is a glass jar, fabric scraps, a hot glue gun, and any embellishments you'd like.

I used the jar with the scallops.

Wrap a band of scrap fabric around the jar and hot glue.

Cut strips of fabric and make rolled fabric flowers to your size preference. I use this tutorial

Hot glue them to your jar. Take a bead or a pretty pin like I had and stick them in the center of your flowers.


And here's my "fancy" glass jar in use:

My homemade button-holder sure does look cute, too! It can be so simple to upcycle your cans and jars, just using what you have around the house. Try it out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment