Subscribe in a reader

Friday, January 3, 2014

Fun, Upcycled Button Holder

I'm setting up a sewing/crafting corner and am on the hunt for pretty storage solutions.

This can was just begging to be reused, and when I got a great pack of buttons for Christmas, I knew it could be perfect for them.


I found a scrap piece of fabric (I think this is part of an abandoned dress) and cut a strip long and wide enough to go around my can. Check out all of my cute new buttons!

I then wrapped the can, hot-gluing the fabric in place.
I considered hot-gluing some actual buttons to the can as both decoration, and label, but I really didn't want to sacrifice any of my pretty new buttons, so I just drew some on with a sharpie marker! Fun, and off-beat, like me! :)

And here is my new button jar, hanging out in my sewing area. I love it and it's a great way to upcycle an old can.  My trusty pin cushion is there, too, which I made by upcycling a baby food jar, along with my old mini sewing machine my friend gave me for Christmas a couple of years ago.  It is a wonderful bobbin/thread holder and a back-up.  Plus, how cute is it? I love fun storage solutions that don't cost me any money!


No comments:

Post a Comment