Subscribe in a reader

Thursday, January 9, 2014

5 Minute Can Upcycle

This is a quick post, and a no-brainer for some, but I thought it was neat to show how quickly you can give something a new look, and a new life. This is totally frivolous and unnecessary, but it really does clean up an eye-sore in my sewing area, and it just looks better! This principle could be used for more than sewing—this could go in a home-office to hold stamps, pens, clips, scrap booking supplies, a baby room to hold pacifiers and other small baby things, or a kids room to hold Legos, small cars or even hair supplies. It would make a cute change bank for loose change, also.  Really, the possibilities are endless.


I'm just beginning to sew, and I have learned that when sewing, one needs a trash container, preferably a small one that is portable, to throw snips of thread into. I have been using this large-sized french-fried onion can that I took the label off, but it bothered me, that it looked so sad (you can't see it in this pic, but it has tear-marks from the label. I decided to make this pretty. All you need is a strip of construction paper and a glue-stick!

Cut the paper to size, apply lots of glue, and press around your can. I leave mine open for easy access, but the lid makes a cute bottom border.

I then took a red crayon and labeled it.

Doing its job:

And in my sewing area, looking so much better than that marked-up can:

There you go--5 minutes, and you have a fun, new storage solution!

No comments:

Post a Comment