Subscribe in a reader

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Turning Leftovers into a Sunday (or any-day) Breakfast Side Dish

Friday night, we had some delicious bacon cheeseburgers and seasoned fries from a great home town diner.

Exhibit A. Yes, it was as good as it looks.


Since the burger was so giant, and again, delicious, my husband and I had leftover seasoned fries. My teenager, being a bottomless pit, did not. Many would just throw these leftovers away, but this is a mistake. Leftover fries make amazing home fries or hash browns!

For Sunday morning breakfast, I took the leftover fries and chopped them up.

After, I placed them in a pan with a small amount of oil (or bacon grease, which is the best grease, in my opinion). 

Once you move them all around the pan for about 10 minutes, you can dish them up, or you can take these bad boys to a whole new level. I'm all about leveling up. 

Take 2 slices of cheese and place them over the top.

Place a lid over the top.

And, my friends, prepare yourselves....

...for this:

Oh, yes, this is the good stuff. Free (or nearly, since I added cheese) breakfast side dish from leftovers. Happy Sunday!




2 comments: