Subscribe in a reader

Friday, November 1, 2013

Paper Craft: Birthday & Anniversary Fridge Magnet

I saw this very stylish birthday calendar idea on Pinterest, but it involved wood work and purchasing hardware. I just wasn't that serious about it. Plus, I really didn't want to buy materials.


I decided to make a base from an Amazon box flap.

I cut it neatly and needed to cover it in something, but wasn't sure what. I was going to go with construction paper, when some old, forgotten wrapping paper caught my eye. You know, that last bit that isn't really big enough to cover anything? It was perfect for this. I used a paper glue to wrap the cardboard strip. Tip: Use less glue than you think you need. Trust me.

I then cut a strip of coordinating red paper out, glued it to the lower part of my  cardboard strip, and stretched a measuring tape over it. At 1-inch intervals, I hand-wrote my months. Cute stickers or stencils would be better, but I didn't have any.

I then used post-it tags to fill in my days and names. I wrote them, glued to the top of the month, then decided to incorporate anniversaries. These I did on pink strips and affixed to the bottom. 

Nearly done!

I then found a couple of old magnets and hot-glued them to the back of my calendar. I also covered my calendar in clear packing tape for protection. It will be on the refrigerator, and I figure eventually it will be touched with wet fingers.

And here it is, hanging on the refrigerator. 

This craft cost no money. I now have a daily reminder that doesn't have to be filled in each year. It's just a fun, easy tool for my disorganized life. I am very pleased with how it turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment