Subscribe in a reader

Monday, December 9, 2013

Simple Stocking Dress-Up (No-Sew!)

Our baby girl needed a stocking, and I came across a couple of plain green ones in my Christmas box. I decided I could cut out an applique design and affix it to the stocking.


I had just watched Mr. Popper's Penguins with the kids, so I blame it for my design, haha! I cut out every piece for this stocking from scrap fleece, except the white face. I didn't have any white scrap fleece, so I used felt. 

I free-hand cut these pieces, so if you are OCD about perfectly cut shapes, look away!
Later, I re-cut the "e" since I wasn't happy with it. This is how it looks, all layered together:

I hot-glued each piece together on the penguin, then just played with the placement on the stocking until I had it where I liked. I hot-glued it to the stocking as well, although you could certainly sew this. (I like this "e" much better!)

Here it is, hung with the other stockings:

And a close-up of the design:

Hope this inspires you guys to dress up your plain stockings. It's so easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment