Subscribe in a reader

Friday, February 14, 2014

Quick, No-Sew Valentine's Headband

Valentine's Day is upon us and my babies are ready, with a couple of outfits that didn't cost a thing to make. I upcycled a plain shirt for my son here and used this wonderful tutorial to make my daughter a beautiful bubble dress. From a onesie that was too short and an old maternity dress...

...to this beauty!

I really love it! 

Now, those of you who know me know that I am so not into many adornments—big bows big headbands, but I have really been liking the little turban-style headbands I've seen lately, and I had a good idea for that leftover bottom piece of the onesie.

This one is super quick!

Take any wide headband you have and an old scrap of fabric (t-shirt or jersey knit is best-won't fray and has stretch). How perfect was this red stretch headband?

Cut a rectangle that is wider that what you want to end up with.

Pull each end to stretch a bit, just until the ends curl under a little.

Find the seam in your headband and fold this piece over the headband (keep those curled edges folded under for a clean look. Trim the length if you need to.

Use a small line of hot glue under the bottom piece to adhere and that is it!

And just in case you need some "Awww" in your life, here are my models!

No comments:

Post a Comment