Subscribe in a reader

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Quick Craft: Halloween Set

This isn't much, but I wanted to show how quick and simple upcycling can be.

I had a navy blank lap tee for my 4 month-old that was begging to be embellished. I also had 2 Halloween hair clips that I had bought in a bargain bin at our grocery store for 50 cents. Our baby doesn't have enough hair for clips yet, so I put them to better use.

I carefully pried each decoration from the clip and hot glued a small round circle of black felt under each.

Then, I took a plain black stretchy head band that I had and hot glued one decoration to the band. 

Back view 
Front view

She's wearing the shirt and napping now, so I can't show that very well, but I took fabric glue:
and placed a small amount to the back of the second decoration and firmly pressed it onto the shirt. I used the back tag to give me a center point. I let it dry overnight before handling it.

There you have it-a cute Halloween set from things I already had! Here's my little model, wearing it well. Happy Halloween, all! 


No comments:

Post a Comment